Wednesday, July 24, 2013

More news on the parent front

So I haven't really been on the computer much in the last couple of weeks. It has been a long few weeks, they seem like there has been something bad happening throughout them. So my last post was on my Dad's failing health, and there is no real news to that front. Like I said before its all in Gods hands and we are praying that He keeps dad here for a long time!

So the new parent problem has been my mom. Last week one of her eyes started to hemorrhage and we had to rush to the eye doctor. Luckily her vision was not impaired and the I doctor gave her steroid drops for her eyes and told her it could take up to 3 months for her eye to go back to looking normal. Well then this week her other eye started to hemorrhage and her knee swelled up and she couldn't hardly walk. So of course I freaked out and called her regular doctor because well she is my mom and I'm a protective daughter! So when we went to her doctor yesterday they checked her blood thickness and it was at a 5.8. For those of you who don't know about blood they like for the level to stay between 2 to 3. So her blood was way to thin and that is why her eyes were hemorrhaging and they think that the swelling around her leg and ankles is from the blood seeping out of her veins, which in Lamond's terms is NOT GOOD! So they stopped her blood thinners immediately and gave her a shot of vitamin K to help thicken her blood back up, and she has to go back today to get it checked again and another shot of vitamin K. I also had to take her to get fitted for a knee immobilizer that she has to wear until her Orthopedic doctor can see her on Thursday morning to try and assess the situation with her knee and the swelling. I'm not sure what to expect from that but I know that God is in control, and all I can do is trust in that! So if you read my blog please say a prayer for my family and my stress level, it would be greatly appreciated!

Praise the Lord, O my soul,
I will praise the Lord all my life;
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
Do not put your trust in princes,
in mortal men, who cannot save.
When their spirit departs, they return to the ground;
on that very day their plans come to nothing.
Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob,
Whose hope is in the Lord his God, 
the maker of heaven and earth,
the sea, and everything in them-
the Lord, who remains faithful forever.
He upholds the cause of the oppressed 
and gives food to the hungry.
The Lord sets prisoners free,
the Lord gives sight to the blind,
the Lord lifts up those who are bowed down,
the Lord watches other the alien and
sustains the fatherless and the widow, 
but he frustrates the ways of the wicked. 
The Lord reigns forever, 
your God, O Zion, for all generations. 
Praise the Lord.

Psalm 146:1-10

On a happy note my baby boy turned 10 months old on the 18th of July! He can now say mama and dada, and he has taken about 5 to 6 steps without holding onto anything  and man is he curious about everything! Here is some sweet pictures of Micah and Eli. Love my boys!










No comments: