Friday, July 12, 2013

God's Plan

Today has been a sad day. A day of questioning and worrying. And finally coming to the realization that God is in control and I am not. His plans are great and I need to trust him and know that He has a reason for everything, and that every good and perfect gift comes from Him. You may ask why today has been sad, well its because my dad's health is not at its best and we received bad news from his doctor's. My dad has server heart and lung problems, and his heart is now in atrial fibrillation, (which basically means his heart can't pump blood properly). The doctors said that they have done all that they can do and that his heart is just in to bad a condition for any surgeries or procedures. So they have put him on medicine's that will help keep him from having strokes.

As I was very heartbroken at this news, the Lord has been comforting to me. I have been reading a lot lately in Psalms and happened upon Psalm 139 in searching for comfort in God's word. And this is what I found:

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and 
wonderfully made; your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My Frame was not hidden from you 
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of 
the earth,
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body.
all the days ordained for me were written in 
your book before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts,
O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
They would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake, 
I am still with you.

Psalm 139 13-18

This passage just gave me such a peace. To know that the Lord knows all our days before we are formed. That my God knew when my precious daddy was coming to this earth, all his days on this earth, and when he will leave this earth. And I take comfort in this hope. I also hope for many more years with my earthly father and plan to make every moment that I have with my daddy count! I am so thankful that my God is in control even when I can't be and want to be. 


23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; 
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me,

lead me in the way everlasting. 


Psalm 139: 23-24



















 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you all!