Thursday, October 10, 2013

God gracious love

As several of you know my mom had knee replacement surgery on September 5th. It has been a long journey of recovery for her and I am thankful to my God that she is still here and improving daily. For those of you that don't know she could have died due to complications and infections but by the grace of the Lord she is still here and now at home and continuing to get better. I'm so thankful for this blessing!

As for my daddy, well... he is having a harder time breathing these days and for those of you to know him, know how stubborn he really is, and he refuses to go to the Doctor. So I'm in continual prayer for him and the ability to be graceful and loving when I try to speak to him, even though what I really want to do is hit him over the head and drag his butt to the doctor!

But through all the crazy God has been gracious! My parents are still here, I am still standing and fighting the good fight! Some days are harder than others. Its hard seeing your parents and knowing that you have to take care of them now. I remember as a child thinking to myself, "I can't wait to grow up so that I can live on my own and make my own choices." Man I had no idea how easy I had it! I miss the days where I was always taken care of by my parents, and when I was sick there was always someone to take care of me and make me feel better. Its so funny that as we get older our roles change, and we become the caregiver. We have children of our own that we must take care of, and as a mom you never have the day off no matter how bad you feel! And then eventually our parents are the ones that need to be taken care of and as good loving children we are taking care of our beloved parents, who used to take care of us. But through all of it God is gracious! He has graciously given me 2 wonderful loving parents who would die for me if they had to do so. He has graciously blessed me with  a wonderful husband who loves the Lord and loves me, and takes care of our family. He has graciously blessed me with 2 beautiful boys when there are so many women that can not have children. He has graciously given us a wonderful church body with wonderful brothers and sisters in Christ!

So even in the midst of the storm God is graciously pouring His love out to me and it calms my soul. Things could always be worse, so take each blessing and thank Him for it! So today I'm praising the Lord for all my blessings. I'm praising Him that though things are hard He still keeps me even though I don't deserve Him.

2 Corinthians 12: 9

And He has said to me, 
"My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness."
Most gladly, Therefore, I will rather boast
about my weakness, so that the power  of
Christ may dwell in me.


No comments: