Saturday, May 24, 2014

Joy


It has been awhile since my last post because life has been crazy busy. I don't know if you all know but I have been homeschooling my oldest son (Eli) and we have been finishing up our school for the year. In the midst of this my mother has been really sick and we are still going to doctor's appointments to figure out what is going on with her and her stomach issues. She finally gets to have a endoscopy done June 27th! I'm still a little angry that we have to wait that long but there is nothing that I can do about it. It is really out of my hands, and God has been teaching me about patience throughout this ridiculous process! I know He is in control and that He works all things for His glory!






 On top of all of that my sweet Grandmother died almost a month ago and the loss of her has been very sad but joyous all at the same time. Hence the title of this post, JOY. My grandmother had a stroke in January and had slowly gotten so bad that she could no longer swallow anything but thickened liquid. And while I hate that she is no longer here for me to talk to and love on, I have great JOY in knowing that she is with my SAVIOR, and that I will see her again! She left this world with the majority of my family around her holding hands and praying over her. It was one of the first times that I had felt pure joy in months of watching her suffer and slowly deteriorate. She was a wonderful woman who loved the Lord and her family, and I'm so thankful that she helped lead and guide me for the majority of my life! I'm so blessed that God saved her, and that she lived her life teaching me to love the Lord with all my heart. I'm so full of JOY that the Lord saved me, and unworthy sinner, and I pray that he will use me to instill that same love for Him in my own children's hearts!

So blessed that I got to hold this sweet soft hand when she left this world and meet Jesus! Thank you Lord for that sweet moment of peace!







No comments: