Saturday, September 26, 2009

Remembering Grandpa


For those of you who don't know I lost my grandfather last week. His name was F. C. Bradley and he died on September 17th. It is like I have lost one of my closest friends and my heart is broken:( The up side to this sadness is that he was a wonderful Christian man and I know I will see him again one day. I feel very blessed that I was his granddaughter for 29 wonderful years! Please pray for my family as we all grieve, especially my grandma who was married to him for 70 years. Now for a few words about grandpa for those who did not know him: he was always the comedian...I loved to hear him laugh it was awesome! He always wanted to cut up and tickle you. He use to build forts mad out of blankets for me and we would play, he would rake all the leaves up in the fall when they fell off the trees and put them in a huge pile for me and my cousins to jump through just to see us have fun. He was the only man I knew who could wear a mint green suit to church and look so handsome! He always knew a shorter way to get to everywhere and then when you took his directions you would get lost. He was a simple but great christian man who loved his family more than life and I am very proud to have been blessed with such a man as my grandpa!

No comments: